PETERKA &PARTNERS is a modern, independent, full-service Central Eastern European law firm. Over its 16 years of existence it has own strong regional presence in key markets, offering pan-regional and tax competency services and a dynamic alternative to the top law firms, both international and purely local.
PETERKA & PARTNERS operates 9 fully-owned offices across the region, in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Belarus, Ukraine and Russia.
We are looking for educated, focused professional with independent thinking and initiative.
We offer the opportunity for professional and personal growth, work on interesting projects.
Lawyer in Tax practice
- Higher legal education
- Work experience as a lawyer for at least 5 years (experience in law or consulting firms is an advantage)
- Fluency in written and spoken English legal language
- Knowledges and practical experience in the field of IP rights, foreign economic activity and currency legislation and in the field of civil and tax law;
- Consulting experience, project management on optimization, legal support of the deals, etc. are an advantage;
- High level of working capacity in multitask mode;
- Good communication skills, independent approach, reliability and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strict compliance with deadlines of performance of tasks
- Unique work experience on innovative, complex and varied projects
- Competitive salary that depends on the specialist’s qualification level and his work result
- Varied work for foreign and Belarusian clients
- Official employment and a full benefits package in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Belarus
- Comfortable office near the center of Minsk
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Tax structuring of the deals and risk identification in their implementation (asset acquisition, reorganization of the legal entities, cross-border transactions, transfer pricing and etc.)
- Tax consulting of the legal entities and business owners on current issues of tax legislation regarding application of the tax legislation regulating commercial activity;
- Identification and assessment of tax risks, formation of proposals to reduce the risks for the clients;
- Management of all legal matters for the company’s business operations in Belarus including drafting and reviewing of commercial contracts, agreements and other legal documents
- Consultation of foreign clients on various aspects of commercial law in Belarus
- Preparation of legal opinions for clients
- Legal consultation on issues of investment activities
- Participation in Due Diligence
- Negotiations, business correspondence with clients in English
- Level of salary will be determined on the basis of interviews
- Hiring is carried out on the basis of interview and performance test task